We are Deutsch LA, a culturally shaped, data-inspired creative studio. We live at the intersection of entertainment, technology and culture. Shaped by the creative legacy of Hollywood and the smarts of Silicon Beach. We work in the heart of LA. A city that drives culture in America and around the world. We operate a little differently than an ad agency. Because we’re equal parts data, media, tech, design and storytelling – with our own state-of-the-art production facility at the core – our ideas are powered by insights, backed with data, and made to scale.
The Experience Design group at Deutsch LA is seeking creative UX Designers to join their multi-disciplinary team. You’ll be working with experience designers, visual designers, data analysts, content strategists, creative technologists, and creative directors to concept and prototype ideas in a collaborative environment.
The Deutsch LA Experience Design group has deep empathy for consumers, how they navigate this modern world, and the new life challenges they face. We think of consumers as users and users as people, carefully evaluating every touchpoint on their journeys.
This person will demonstrate:
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for excellence
- Ability to participate in rapid, iterative design sprints
- Ability translate brand- and user-centric experience principles across multiple touch points and channels
- Prepare and present conceptual frameworks and creative thinking to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain expert knowledge of User Experience industry trends
- Participate in User Experience thought leadership within the company
- Plan and conduct usability evaluations and usability tests
- Plan and conduct user research activities such as persona development and user analysis
- Conduct competitive and landscape audits and analysis
- Create all necessary project documentation including wireframes, sitemaps, information architecture, user flows, user stories, functional specifications, navigation schemas, taxonomy documentation and clickable prototypes
- 5+ years experience designing and documenting user experiences
- Strong client-facing presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) are required
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of User Centered Design principles and methods
- Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Fluency in industry best practices with the ability to articulate rationale for decisions made
- Outstanding portfolio of related work with proven experience
- Extra consideration for candidates who demonstrate the ability to fluidly combine UX and UI design skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications