Deutsch LA’s PR department works to raise the agency profile and build its brand reputation within the advertising industry and beyond. The team creates integrated communications programs that promote and enhance the agency’s brand with media and press organizations, and among current and prospective clients, agency partners and talent. By partnering with executive and senior leadership teams across departments, our Public Relations Specialist will help develop and lead internal and external communications strategies for the agency and play an active role in sharing our stories.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer, strategic thinker and resourceful teammate. We are looking for a self-starter and someone who can draft and edit communications materials, including but not limited to: key messages, press releases, social media copy, story pitches, award submissions and more. In addition, we are looking for someone with a knack for design to help with visuals for agency newsletters, keynote presentations and social media assets.
- Work with team to help create and execute on short and long-term PR strategies for the agency
- Help the team craft communications materials such as: press releases, opinion editorials, key messages, press briefing documents, award submissions, PR strategies, presentations, newsletters, etc., and collaborate with resourcing team on creative award submissions
- Assist the team with media outreach - helping the team and agency build and strengthen relationships with key advertising/marketing, creative, business and consumer press
- Manage media tracking and coverage for Deutsch LA executives, creative campaigns and key clients
- Work with internal brand teams, ERGs and departments to spearhead new initiatives on agency social media channels
- Assist with the team expense reports and other administrative duties
- Experience working with members of the press and senior executives
- Demonstrated expertise in drafting PR materials, pitching and securing media (please enclose a portfolio)
- Familiarity with developing creative pitch angles and trendspotting
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
- 5-7 years of PR experience
- Tech and design savvy (fluent in social media etc.)