The Media Planner plays a key role in developing integrated media strategy and media plans for the assigned accounts. They are the day-to-day steward of both offline and online media initiatives, including the development of strategic, integrated communication recommendations, as well as works with the larger team to execute and measure holistic media campaigns. They have a proven track record of building and maintaining successful relationships with day-to-day clients. They also participate in the mentoring and training of less experienced Assistant Planners. Managing budgets and media flowchart is an important part of their job, as is being current with the media marketplace and maintaining close relationships with outside media partners.
· Development and presentation of sound, strategic Media Plans based on client marketing direction and the use of media research.
· Manage the flow of client media-related issues based on changes in direction, goals, and budgets. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems.
· Maintain budget control and ensure execution of media plans by authorizing approved media schedules and monitoring buys/schedule.
· Oversee tagging and tracking of digital media to ensure accurate reporting and optimizations.
· Work closely with analytics team to pull digital performance reports, review results, make optimization recommendations, work with partners/team members to implement
· Effective communication with agency broadcast buying personnel to ensure brand needs are met.
· Foster a good working relationship with external client and agencies
· Maintain a good rapport with sales representatives and vendors.
· Negotiate rate discounts and added value.
· Guides development and education of Assistant Media Planner
· Explore media alternatives and be creative in recommending media solutions
· Be accurate to instill/maintain client confidence
· Deliver POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities
· Work with Assistant Media Planner to oversee client billings
· Prior experience (2+ years) in media, must include digital media
· Experience developing and executing both offline & online media campaigns, as well as development and presentation of the actual client materials
· Local planning experience across digital, TV, radio and OOH
· Billing tool expertise (Prisma, Mbox)
· Working knowledge of media tools like Kantar, IMS, ComScore, SQAD, YouGov, etc.
· Excel knowledge is a must (formulas, linking multiple tabs, construction of mathematical double-checks, etc.)
· Solid understanding of paid social media strategy/planning (especially Facebook/Instagram)
· Understanding of measurement and reporting solutions
· Detail-oriented + sound media math + problem solving mentality
· Not mandatory, but a big plus: Experience with digital ad trafficking, programmatic buying, executing social media buys, paid search