The Media Planner is a vital part of the media department. This person will not only help develop social marketing strategies, but will also create and monitor the day-to-day performance of these campaigns. The candidate will work with the larger team to execute paid media tactics, optimize campaigns, manage budgets, analyze data, extrapolate insights, and make recommendations based on results coming from media campaigns. Social media is a 24-hour, 7-day a week medium so the work is fast-paced and sometimes ad hoc. The ability to work as part of a team in such an environment is critical, as is a sense of innate curiosity, attention to detail and a self-motivated work ethic.
This person will also help develop integrated media strategy and media plans for the assigned accounts. They also participate in the mentoring and training of less experienced Assistant Planners.
Ideally, this person will also have some experience running paid search campaigns and/or programmatic campaigns.
- Develop creative strategies & testing schedule to maximize account and campaign performance
- Translate audience definitions from the research & strategy teams across platforms
- Perform research to understand audiences and their behaviors
- Keep up to date with new social platform ad opportunities
Campaign Set Up
- Proper site tagging implementation in collaboration with the ad ops and analytics teams
- Traffic, upload, and QA ads, targeting parameters and landing URLs
- Set up social campaigns against a variety of ad objectives including: content amplification, sequential storytelling, conversions, video views, etc.
- Evaluate creative ads for platform specifications and advise creative team on best practices
- Manage day-to-day performance of all live campaigns
- Collaborates with media team to achieve client goals and metrics
- Budget & invoice management
Reporting & Measurement
- Monitor campaigns to ensure proper pacing, avoid under- or over-spend, traffic abnormalities, and additional opportunities
- Perform account diagnostic checks
- Run reports as scheduled, and also ad hoc
- Campaign management, including bid rules and CPA goals
- Analyzes performance data and trends to identify opportunities for expanding or optimizing campaigns
Client Relationship Management
- Point of contact for client communication on optimizations, reporting and campaign strategy for social campaigns
- Deliver and speak to performance on specified reporting cadence
- Minimum of 1-2 years of hands-on, executional paid social experience
o In-platform experience on: Facebook, Instagram. Pinterest, Snap, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube is a plus.
o Completed platform certificates (Facebook Blueprint, etc.)
- Agency experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to follow through. Possess a strong and proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility and communicate priorities to Supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to manage small –to – large budgets
- Extremely detail-oriented, with a proven system of double checks
- Expert in Excel, strong in PowerPoint and other Office products
- Experience with technical issues, such as campaign tagging, Q/A, and troubleshooting
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe/Omniture, and/or other web analytic solution is a plus
- Experience with integrated campaigns is a plus
- Previous experience communicating with clients a plus
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Location: Los Angeles
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediately