The Taco Bell team at Deutsch LA is looking for a Junior Community Strategist to join our growing social team. This is a focused team, dedicated to building the Taco Bell brand in social and therefore in culture.
This job is perfect for you if:
- You have at least one year of hands-on experience managing a brand’s social media community: engaging with and responding to fan content, pitching and/or creating original social content, creating content calendars, etc.
- Are comfortable on all social platforms especially TikTok, Reddit, Discord, Instagram, and Twitter.
- You are intrigued by and up to speed on the ebbs and flows of the internet. You can explain in detail who West Elm Caleb is and have your own thoughts on why the internet cares in the first place.
- You’ve gotten a taste of social and are eager to learn from experienced social strategists and creatives, honing your craft alongside some of the best in the biz. You will not be in a silo on this team.
- You take initiative, love to work with teams, and communicate well. This role will be remote for at least the first few months, which means you’ll need to be responsive using slack, zoom, etc. to stay in touch.
- You are organized and pay attention to details. We all make mistakes, but we try not to make them in social posts!
- Experience with social media reporting and Sprout Social a plus.
- You are excited about working in social for a brand like Taco Bell!
What does a Junior Community Strategist do?
- Manage and develop the Taco Bell communities on Tiktok, Instagram, and Reddit: develop and post content, interact with fan comments, and suggest activations that will make energize our active fanbase
- Monitor and participate in relevant conversations using our established tone and platform strategy
- Partner with your counterpart, another junior community strategist, and social creatives to pitch and create original social content.
- Collaborate with Taco Bell clients to execute professionally and in real time.
- Partner with brand strategists and campaign teams to bring campaign ideas to life for our social communities. Work with brand strategists to report on social campaigns after they end.
- Pull insights from our communities and internet trends.
- Ad school is great, but this role requires hands-on experience managing a brand’s social account. We care less about brief-writing skills and more about social media savvy.
- You will interact with brand and campaign teams within the agency, but this role is dedicated to social. If you’re hoping to transition quickly into working on TV spots, this might not be the role for you. If you’re excited to learn the craft of social strategy and build a world-class social brand, we’d love to talk to you.