Deutsch LA’s PR department works to raise the profile of the agency and some of the world’s largest brands. The team creates integrated communications programs that promote and enhance brand storytelling and buzz in the media for current and prospective clients, the agency and talent. By partnering with our brand teams and senior leadership, our Senior Consumer Public Relations Manager will help develop and lead external communications strategies and outreach for our clients including (but not limited to): Workday, KDP and Petsmart.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer and presenter, a strategic thinker and resourceful teammate. We are looking for a self-starter and someone who can draft and edit communications materials, including but not limited to: key messages, press releases, press kits, thought leadership pieces, story pitches, social media copy and more. This candidate should be comfortable engaging with executives (clients and senior leadership at Deutsch LA) as well as with agency partners and outside vendors. We are looking for an individual with strong media relationships with Consumer, Sports, Tech, Business and Entertainment press.
● Create and lead PR strategies for Consumer, Sports, Tech, Business and Entertainment client brands.
● Work with Deutsch LA communications to identify editorial opportunities (short and long term) for clients.
● Craft communications to bolster brand narratives and create buzz around brand and product launches - (i.e. PR strategies and presentations, press releases, media alerts, opinion editorials, key messages, press briefing documents, newsletters, award submissions, social media copy etc.)
● Conduct media outreach - helping clients and the agency build and strengthen relationships with Consumer, Sports, Tech, Business and Entertainment media
● Collaborate with client and agency communication partners
● Manage media tracking and coverage for clients
● Work with DLA brand teams and communications to spearhead new social and owned initiatives to further share client work throughout the organization
● Assist communications team with content planning and asset collection
● Experience working with members of the press and senior executives
● Demonstrated expertise in drafting PR materials, pitching and securing media (please enclose a portfolio)
● Familiarity with developing creative pitch angles and trendspotting
● Talented writer and presenter
● Highly organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
● Fluent in Keynote, Social Media, Cision, MuckRack etc.
● 5+ years of PR experience